A Guide to Writing Essays on Abortion
Essays on abortion are assigned in many different courses to give students the opportunity to argue their positions on the topic or to demonstrate their understanding of this issue.
Some students look forward to these assignments because they have strong opinions on the issue that they are eager to share. Unfortunately these students often fall prey to many of the pitfalls of writing an essay about abortion. These include:
- Using overly biased sources
- Ignoring evidence that doesn’t support their beliefs
- Confusing rhetoric for fact
- Constructing strawmen
- Using belittling language when referring to those with opposing beliefs
To avoid these pitfalls, double check your sources, include sources that support opposing views, concentrate on facts, debate only what the people with the opposing view have stated and not what you think they have stated, and use respectful language.
Abortion Essay Topic Suggestions
Here are a few suggestions for students who are looking for essay suggestions on abortion.
- What are the pros and cons of abortion as it relates to public health?
- Will people ever come to an agreement on the abortion debate?
- Should taxpayer money fund abortions?
- Would free contraceptives cut down on the number of abortions each year?
- Should young women under the age of 18 be able to obtain abortion services without parental consent?
- If a man impregnates a woman, should he have to give his consent for her to have an abortion?
- Write an argumentative essay, discussing whether or not you are for or against abortion past 24 weeks.
- Will mandatory ultra-sounds and waiting periods reduce the number of abortions?
- What are the risks of having an abortion?
- Will comprehensive sexual education programs in schools reduce the rate of teen pregnancies and abortions?
- What can be done to reduce the number of abortions without making it legal?
- Should the government fund crisis pregnancy centers?
- If you are against abortion, what exceptions would you allow?
- Write a pro choice abortion research paper on a famous individual who helped the pro choice movement.
- Discuss the history of Planned Parenthood
Abortion Essay Assistance
Between spending time choosing a topic, researching, vetting your sources, taking notes, writing, editing, and revising, you can spend several days working on your abortion essay. This is a lot of time and effort to dedicate to a single writing assignment. If you have a job, a family, or a social life, finding time to finish complex writing assignments like these can be nearly impossible. It’s no wonder that so many college students feel constantly stressed out and overwhelmed. They are just too busy! Here’s some good news! You don’t have to be that overworked student. You can simply place an order at BestEssaysEducation.com and we will help you with your paper on abortion or any other subject.